Skip to main content
Skip table of contents

Licensed vs. Unlicensed

A TPP that wants to provide Account Information Services (AIS) must register with Nation Competent Authority (NCA, i.e. BaFin in Germany) as an account information service provider (AISP). Those who want to carry out payment initiation services (PIS) as well need additionally a license from NCA as a payment initiation service provider (PISP).

finAPI Access supports the following two authentication scenarios:

  • NCA (BaFin/FMA) licenced AISP/PISP can upload their certificates and credentials to finAPI Access and access PSD2 APIs using their own certificates and credentials.

  • unlicenced customers that use the finAPI PSD2-License/Web Form can access PSD2 APIs using the finAPI certificates and credentials.

Although they can obtain the PSD2 license on their own, using the finAPI PSD2 license (also called “RegShield”) instead will save them enormous time and effort, in terms of both one-off and ongoing expenses associated with the registration and licensing procedure.

For each case - licensed or unlicensed, please refer to the corresponding subpage for more details:

JavaScript errors detected

Please note, these errors can depend on your browser setup.

If this problem persists, please contact our support.